What Causes Constipation?
Constipation is usually caused by a disorder of bowel function rather than astructural problem. Common causes of constipation include:
- Inadequate water intake.
- Inadequate fiber in the diet.
- A disruption of regular diet or routine; reise.
- Utilstrekkelig aktivitet eller trening eller immobilitet.
- Spise store mengder meieriprodukter.
- Resisting the urge to have a bowel movement, which is sometimes the resultof pain from hemorrhoids
- Overuse of laxatives (stool softeners) which, over time, weaken the bowel muscles
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson’s disease or multiple sclerosis
- Antacid medicines containing calcium or aluminum
- Medicines (especially strong pain medicines, such as narcotics, antidepressants, or iron pills)
- Eating disorders
- Irritabel tarm syndrom
I noen tilfeller, lack of good nerve and muscle function in the bowel may alsobe a cause of constipation.
What Are the Symptoms of Constipation?
Symptoms of constipation can include:
- Infrequent bowel movements and/or difficulty having bowel movements
- Hoven mage eller magesmerter